Dearest Chubby Baby,
It is very difficult mothering a
child. As a son, I never understood the pains that my mother would have taken.
Now that I see your mom I understand the pains of motherhood. It makes me
appreciate and love my mother so much more. You will never understand this till
you grow up and mother or father a child.
However, as a Dad, I want to tell
you what I can about your mom.
Throughout these 38 odd weeks,
she went through several things. She puked hard for many months. She couldn’t
sleep entire nights because she kept puking. Puking is not very easy, it is
painful during pregnancy. Even though eating food triggers her nausea, she will
continue to eat, because all she can think about is you growing inside her and
what you need. As you grow bigger, her centre of gravity shifts. When she lies
down, when she moves around, when she is travelling.. All she can think about
is YOU. Her every movement reflects her care and love for you growing inside
her. She spent several sleepless nights – insomnia is another side-effect of
pregnancy. She stopped drinking coffee(which helps her headaches) because it is
not good for you. She started eating stuff that she doesn’t like too much
(spinach, vegetables, etc) because you need them. Side-effects of pregnancy are
many and she endured the whole thing without me or anyone around for the first
couple of months! She is one brave woman. Her mother(Irene Paati) was in Sweden
and my parents(Gemma paati and Kuriakose thaatha) were both working in Chennai.
I was stuck in Baroda. She went house-hunting and successfully found Elita
apartments and moved into it. She managed without a maid for cleaning or cooking.
I took leave and spent three months by her side till Irene paati came back.
I want you to know that your mom
and me love you loads and are waiting to see you enter this world.
Love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment